Values Partnerships seeks an individual with a track record exemplifying organization and diligence in financial record keeping and accountability to join our team in Washington, D.C.
To apply, send a resume; cover letter or cover email; and 3 references to: email@example.com
Working with head management and our existing accounting team, you will be responsible for:
- Performing regular bank and account reconciliations
- Establishing and enforcing accounting policies and procedures
- Advise and prepare on-boarding and off-boarding plans, including compensation packages and commission structure
- Internal auditing of payments and inter-company transactions
- Performing forecasting and providing clear snapshots of account statuses
You will monitor multiple bank accounts; categorize expenditures and income by customer; flag any issues with accounts; make recommendations for cost savings; provide reliable 1-month, 3-month, 6-month and 12-month forecasts; describe spending trends; and help management and team be accountable for spending and account usage.
You will also be interfacing with accounting systems and team from Gauge.AI, a separate but associated market research company
You will NOT be responsible for payroll, invoicing and receivables, which are managed by a separate team.
The work is largely remote, but will require a once-per-week in-person meeting at our office in Washington, D.C., so only candidates in the “DMV” area need apply.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to shape the processes in these areas and to lead projects implementing new and extending existing accounting and financial information systems. Depending on applicant experience you may also participate in decisions about commercial insurance and employee benefits.
You will also work with our licensed public accounts for annual tax reporting.
We have a great team and hope you can join us!
Qualifications and Skills
The successful Candidate will possess:
- Strong organization and communication skills including proficiency with modern programs like Microsoft Office
- Quick responsiveness on email
- Familiarity with Quickbooks
- At least 3 years of accounting experience, preferably more
- Based in the D.C. area
Job Type: Contract
- Competitive hourly rate with significant performance-based incentives
- To apply, send a resume; cover letter or cover email; and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Values Partnerships
Values Partnerships (valuespartnerships.com) is a social impact company. We work with clients including NBCUniversal, A+E Networks, MGM, ABC’s Shark Tank, Success Academy and more to build audiences, solve problems and expand the common good. This often comes in the form of marketing, publicity and outreach campaigns for films and TV shows; and strategic advisory services on issues related to race and religion. Values Partnerships is associated with Gauge (gauge.ai), a market research company sharing some of the same management and staff. Values Partnerships was founded in 2013 by Joshua and Michelle DuBois and maintain offices in Washington, D.C.