Values Partnerships seeks an online content manager with deep familiarity with the African American church to create compelling, high-quality content to keep our growing community informed. Position is at Values Partnerships office in Washington, D.C. or work from home.
– Curate relevant content from the web and post to web properties
– Create blog posts, infographics, and other sharable content
– Create and send weekly e-blast
– Assist with defining and driving content strategy
– Assist with developing and executing content calendar
– Develop a brand voice that is consistent and authentic
You are a digital storyteller with a passion for informing the faith community in an authentic way. You want to build a community leading the conversation about the history, relevancy, and power of the black church in America.
– Experience with content strategy in an organization
– Polished written and verbal communication
– Excellent command of web-based communication with the ability to translate for audiences as appropriate
– Ability to manage multiple tasks and project deadlines
– Ability to exercise keen sense of judgment when prioritizing tasks and managing delivery of communications
– Ability to work independently and/or remotely in highly autonomous environment with a virtual team
– Passion for understanding the needs of and trends in the African American church
– Understanding of non-profit advocacy, civil rights, social justice, and politics with a feel for the role of faith communities in each
– Knowledge of bleeding-edge social media, content, and publishing tools and tech that can increase reach and engagement. A willingness to experiment with new tech as it emerges
– Bachelor’s degree with focus in either a business, writing, technical communication or a related field (like Computer Science, English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications) preferred but not required.
Email brief cover note, relevant experience and resume to Scott@ValuesPartnerships.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. ***No phone calls or Facebook messages, email only, please.***